• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sue for ex causing emotional damages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chrissysnowluv@

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? wa
Don't know if i should post here or not. My ex husband bullied me into giving up my parenting rights to our daughter (LONG STORY.. he told our daughter who was in another state with him, that his wife was her mom and he refused to allow me visiting rights for years for no reason, but i was to poor to travel) and dragged out adoption for 2 long years. (even his lawyer told me he was annoyed by it!) Its over, but now he is threatening to sue me for a bill, that took place 11 yrs ago, that he claims was garnished from his check 2 yrs ago. He is being snotty and rude. He claimed our daughter didn't know I was her mom, then he told me she does know. Then I went to fight for visitation, he told his lawyer she didn't know i was her mom. So I thought best to not go after visitation, not to cause her emotional harm. Now along with emails for money he claims she does know about me. I can't take it anymore. I have been in and out of the ER, the dr says its due to stress. also my other two kids have suffered through this too. I have been feeling sick, stomache cramps, etc, etc. Do I have a right to sue for emotional damages???

Last edited:

Indiana Filer

he told our daughter who was in another state with him, that his wife was her mom and he refused to allow me visiting rights for years for no reason, but i was to poor to travel) and dragged out adoption for 2 long years.
Adoption? Who adopted who? Did his wife adopt the daughter you and he had? When did the adoption occur? If it was your daughter, did you voluntarily sign the termination of parental rights?

chrissysnowluv@

yes I signed over my parenting rights and the adoption is done. His wife adopted her. I was bullies into by him telling me when she was 2 that she didn't know I was her mother because he said he told her so. its back and forth with she knows, she doesn't know, she knows. I can't take it. But now he is sueing me over a bill from 11 yrs ago and claiming they just now garnished him. Also, I called the apt and they said that the apt company (who owned the apts before) went bankrupt 10 yrs ago.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">