• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sue the National Guard

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bmgale

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I was ACTIVE DUTY with the national guard for 6 years beginning when I was 18. While active duty I received 2 DUIs and was obviously in need of some treatment. In 2004 I was discharged so I could attend college. In 2006 I received my 3rd DUI which sent me to prison for 7 months. I was sent to prison while 2 years into collage and right after my daughter was born.

While active duty, I was and impressionable young man forced into fraternization and heavy drinking with multiple commanders, and my senior sergeants. On frequent occasions a senior sergeant would have me pull over to grab beer for the drive home while carpooling. I also have SERIOUS alegations of related misconduct by multiple senior officers and NCOs. Alcohol was a huge part of military life which negative impacted my social norms of what was acceptable. Prior to discharge I should have been treated for my condition, but instead was left to my own to deal with the problem that was created by the military.

Since release from prison 2 years ago I have continued college and I will receive my BS in economics. But because of thie, I have lost my gun rights, and the ability to work in any financial sectors siuch as banking, real estate, mortgages, etc.

Does it sound like I have a case?

Isis1

I was ACTIVE DUTY with the national guard for 6 years beginning when I was 18. While active duty I received 2 DUIs and was obviously in need of some treatment. In 2004 I was discharged so I could attend college. In 2006 I received my 3rd DUI which sent me to prison for 7 months. I was sent to prison while 2 years into collage and right after my daughter was born.

While active duty, I was and impressionable young man forced into fraternization and heavy drinking with multiple commanders, and my senior sergeants. On frequent occasions a senior sergeant would have me pull over to grab beer for the drive home while carpooling. I also have SERIOUS alegations of related misconduct by multiple senior officers and NCOs. Alcohol was a huge part of military life which negative impacted my social norms of what was acceptable. Prior to discharge I should have been treated for my condition, but instead was left to my own to deal with the problem that was created by the military.

Since release from prison 2 years ago I have continued college and I will receive my BS in economics. But because of thie, I have lost my gun rights, and the ability to work in any financial sectors siuch as banking, real estate, mortgages, etc.

not at all.

Artemis_ofthe_Hunt

Not legal advice, but have you ever heard of "personal accountability"???? YOU chose to drink, YOU chose to fraternize with NCO's, therefore YOU bear the result of YOUR choices. No one held a gun to your head, impressionable or not, you were an adult capable of making decisions. You just apparently made the wrong one.... over and over and over. :mad:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">