• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sue for perjury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marker27

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

California

Can I sue for :

In a civil lawsuit, the attorney filed under perjury that I was served. They are now moving for default judgment.

I can prove otherwise that I was not served.

Some Random Guy

You find find it nearly impossible to get prosecutors to go after someone criminally for this.

The proper thing to do is to file an opposition to their motion for summary judgment, including ALL of the reasons for opposing it. And then file to recover your legal costs related to that motion citing your proof that you were not served. Make sure you get it filed in time because reversing a summary judgment will be far more work than stopping their motion.

tranquility

No. You cannot sue for perjury. Prove your case up on how you know about the motion but were not served. When in court fighting the judgment be ready to be served. Prepare your defense for the underlying lawsuit.

Antigone*

No. You cannot sue for perjury. Prove your case up on how you know about the motion but were not served. When in court fighting the judgment be ready to be served. Prepare your defense for the underlying lawsuit.
Don't you love it when a plan comes together???

temporary hijack ~:) Here is the trivia question for the day!!! This time the winner will received a no-expense paid trip to Perris.

What show does that line (see above) come from:p

Ozark_Sophist

temporary hijack ~:) Here is the trivia question for the day!!! This time the winner will received a no-expense paid trip to Perris.

Team American--no that's not right. ;)

Hannibel
A-Team

And I don't need to go to Parris. :)

You Are Guilty

I'd answer, but first, I want to know what the BA stood for in "BA Baracus" ;)

Antigone*

Team American--no that's not right. ;)

Hannibel
A-Team

And I don't need to go to Parris. :)
Whoo hoo...OZ... you are the winner for the no-expense trip to PERRIS....

FYI - Perris is in California (not so nice a place:eek:).

Thank you to all the participants of today's hijack trivia question.

...YAG...thank would be BARE A$$

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">