• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sue sombody that is sick

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Pokerman11

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OH

My dad is getting older and sicker and has been turning over more and more of his affairs to me. Soon he says he wants to sing over complete POA.

Right now he is in a dispute with an old friend, and he as asked me to deal with the issue. No legal documents or lawers have been involved .

My question is that my dad has heart issues, and has been told by his Dr's to reduce stress or it will hurt him. He jst had to be Hospitialized last week, and that treatment failed and he now has to go in for further more drastac measures.

I'm in contact with this old frield and told hm about the heart issue. To be honest I am worried that the old friend will sue and this lawsuite will cause significant stress that will damage my father and even kill him.

I know that everybody has a right to sue but I have sent notes trying to work out the differences very reasonabiy. But it's trivial issues compaired to sombodies life. If this old friend does sue and put my dad under stress it will really cause harm and to be honest really upset me. Anything we can do if he does sue?

las365

Yep. You can pay him everything he is asking for and avoid a suit. Sometimes you have to put egos aside and just take the smaller hit.
This is the fastest, easiest practical solution if it is financially possible. If you would care to post more details (just the facts, please!) of the dispute, there may be additional suugestions that can be made.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">