• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sued by ex-girlfriend in Texas!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sanjuro

What is the name of your state? TX

I'm being sued by an ex-girlfriend. She is an Asian woman, and when we started seeing each other, she tried her best to take control of my life. I had $5000 debt on credit cards, and she was very much against any debt! She started calling my card companies, as if she were me, and paid the entire amount off!

This wasn't exactly my idea, and I paid her $300 a month for well over a year, but when we broke up and I got my own place, she rushed to get married, I couldn't afford or even really wanted to help her with her decisions anymore. Now she's suing me for the entire amount, and for a computer we bought (and that I still have) when we lived together.

Now I know the choice I made to be with her is a big regret, but where do I stand legally? I have never signed or authorized any loan. These are gifts and decisions that she made. When I helped her financially, they were gifts that I bestowed because I still cared! What do you think will happen in court?

Thanks in advance!!!!

stephenk

"This wasn't exactly my idea, and I paid her $300 a month for well over a year"

when she shows proof of your payments, the court will disregard your "it was a gift" defense. sorry.

I had $5000 debt on credit cards, and she was very much against any debt! She started calling my card companies, as if she were me, and paid the entire amount off!

Amazing, hooking up with someone who actually takes responsibility. What were you thinking?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">