• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sueing for slader related to child custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

remy123

Mississippi. My husband's ex and her new husband are sueing my husband, his mother and his step-father for slander because we have turned them in to DHS several times because the kids would tell us of abuse. There is also a social worker who interviewed on of the kids and she ordered an investigation, so we are not the only ones who see abuse. They have sued for 2 million dollars. They live 6 hours away and are trying to make my husband travel there for depositions and court. My husband is disabled and receives SSI. He can not travel. Can they make him go up there? Has anyone ever heard of this? Do they have a shot at winning? I heard you have to prove financial loss and she wasn't working and her husband was working out of the country at the time. They also cite the fact that my husbands step-father told DHS and law enforcement that the new husband had a drug history. They say that it damaged his good name. But we have proof that he has been arressted and convicted for drugs in the past. Any advice would be helpful. We have an attorney, but can't ever get her on the phone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">