• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

suid in chicago breach of contract for attorny's fee's

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ctsmilo

What is the name of your state?Illinois
My girlfriend and I are being suid for $6,000 each beacause I hired legal services for a D.U.I. I got. I paid a retainer of $1,500 with agreement for $1,000 more if we had to go to trial. Before trial began I had my girlfriend right the attorny a check for $600 that I would give to him before court with the balance to be paid within the week. The attorny none the less completely misled me to believe he could help with the case. (not even appearing once) sent associate. Therefore I decide to stop payment for services not renderd. I filed my appearance on the lawsuit and filed my answer. anyone with any advice would be great

racer72

I would bet you would pick a fight with Mike Tyson. Picking legal fights with lawyers isn't very bright. You went about the process back asswards and you are going to pay now. I would suggest hiring another attorney, and you will probably have to pay cash up front too.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">