• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suing or Busting the Cops ? Possible ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

UltraDangerLord

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Any State, Maybe California ?

I was thinking would it be possible to sue / have arresting a police officer for profiling or inproper stop.

Here's the idea, so you outfit a total piece of crap car with several camera's on the inside and a microphone. The car would be very ghetto yet uphold all operating rules. You can also dress fairly urbanish, maybe a beanie or something similar. You have a seperate car follow you nearby also with a camera watching as a police officer will stop you. you obey all traffic laws.

what do you think ? is there anyway this could be done ? I would think there could be some monetary value ? or if nothing else would the police officers be fired or ?:D

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Any State, Maybe California ?

I was thinking would it be possible to sue / have arresting a police officer for profiling or inproper stop.

Here's the idea, so you outfit a total piece of crap car with several camera's on the inside and a microphone. The car would be very ghetto yet uphold all operating rules. You can also dress fairly urbanish, maybe a beanie or something similar. You have a seperate car follow you nearby also with a camera watching as a police officer will stop you. you obey all traffic laws.

what do you think ? is there anyway this could be done ? I would think there could be some monetary value ? or if nothing else would the police officers be fired or ?:D
This forum is for legitimate legal questions. There is nothing legitimate in your I-think-I-hit-pay-dirt scenario.

Some Random Guy

There was something very similar recently where a group called KopBusters outfitted a home with cameras in Texas, ran up a high electric bill and then filmed the police raiding the house. The presumption was that the police would have illegally used infrared cameras to scan homes in the neighborhood looking for marijuana grow operations. As soon as the raid went down, they streamed the video over the internet as evidence of police corruption.

But Whoops! It turns out that the KopBusters, while off camera, secretly phoned in tips to the police that there was a grow operation there. So it was all a set up to entrap the police.

I expect that the police are currently reviewing their 911 logs to see if they have a strong enough case to arrest the KobBusters team for false reporting.

So yes, its been done, and the police can always claim that you did something off camera to cause them to stop you. And the police will probably be believed over you because

1. You have an agenda of trapping the police.
2. The police are only out doing their jobs.
3. Other idiots have done the same thing and have been caught lying to the public.

154NH773

Are you stupid? I'm not saying you're stupid, just asking.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">