• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suing a City

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vanyea

Hello from California.:cool:
I don't know if I am in the right place but I thought I would try here first.
I was involved in a auto accident on a street where the street lights were not working.
I emailed the city maintance department with the following question:

"I am looking to know if there were any(? many) street lights not working and repaired the week of January 6 thru 13, 2008 on Gilbert St. south of Orangthrope to the 91 Fwy.
Are street lights numbered/labeled?"

Their reply:

"After looking through our service request system I couldn’t find any reported lights out in that area, in your time frame. There was lights out on Gilbert on the 15th of January due to the wires being cut on Iris Court but none that I could find in the times that you asked about."

I emailed them back with:

"I'm curious, how many were out and when they were fixed?
Do you know which ones?"

Their reply:

"There are 33 lights on that circuit. Vandals cut the wires to knock out the lights on the 15th of January and they were repaired the next day and back on the night of the 16th. I don’t have the exact date but the wires were cut again within one week of that date, knocking out the lights, but again we were lucky to have them back on the following night."

I would like to know if I might have I civil lawsuit case?
Thanks everyone for your time and consideration. John

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">