• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suing the government

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Merci

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Do you ask permission to sue the Dept. of Education/federal gov with a SF 95 if you are not suing for monetary reasons.. but for negligence? Failure to review complaints about Sallie Mae screwing up my loan..I want to include them in my fraud case against Sallie Mae.

Last edited:

Merci

"Filing an Administrative Claim or SF 95
In a normal lawsuit claiming negligence, you proceed more or less straight to court. But if you wish to sue under the FTCA, you must first file a claim with the federal agency responsible for the alleged misconduct"

The form doesnt fit the situation...I dont think you can get a remedy from the Feds... No punitive damages allowed..

Last edited:

FlyingRon

You've not explained what your after.

You said you don't want a monetary remedy. What remedy do you want? From what sort of act does your claim arise?

Ignore my comment about the SF-85 (I misread that since you mentioned the ED department and somehow thought this was some sort of employment/labor claim). Now that I've reread your post I see you said 95.

Proserpina

I think what I would like is a good lawyer writing this case up on Federal Court paperwork and submit to all parties to negotiate a settlement. I doubt they would allow this to go to court and be public as I can subpoena several executives that I have spoken to.. ie., COO of Financial Aid.. the assistant Inspector General.. Sallie Mae management etc... I have offered a settlement with them but they are ignoring it.. of course, that's what they do best.. Ignore you.

Start calling attorneys. If you have any sort of valid case, someone will take it.

I can't see you even getting an attorney to talk to you about this, let alone take the case.

Sorry.

Merci

I have spoken to a few.. one who sued SM years ago but je is semi retired now.. another one, it seemed over his head.. another wanted an arbitration clause.. hell no.. Frankly, I didnt see how what you said assisted me in anyway..

Merci

I understand that with free info I didnt expect much but..maybe a critique...a pointer..... something esoteric that only a lawyer would know or see.. something..nothing.. Nothing? Ya got nothing?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">