• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suing HOA for illegal towing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mass_Shyster

Thank you for the reply. I am familiar with the Rules Of Evidence but in small claims court it is specified that no discovery or disclosure is permitted (or required I should say), which is the reason for my confusion.
Although you may be entitled to withhold discovery, I suspect that when this goes to court, you can expect opposing counsel to object to each item you submit as evidence. Probably based on lack of foundation and hearsay. Constitutional provisions still apply, so most of the rules of evidence apply.

So, what admissable evidence do you have that will show that you suffered damages, and that the HOA caused those damages?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">