• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suing without a lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mbrawerman

I wish to sue in a California municipal court. The victim is my wife but she is mortally afraid of speaking in public so, if I am not to use a lawyer, I must present the case. Will the courts allow me to plead for her?

HomeGuru

mbrawerman said:
I wish to sue in a California municipal court. The victim is my wife but she is mortally afraid of speaking in public so, if I am not to use a lawyer, I must present the case. Will the courts allow me to plead for her?

**A: not unless you are named in the lawsuit as one of the Plaintiffs.

badapple40

Why don't you look at derivative claims, like loss of consortium -- depending on the grounds of your wife's lawsuit.

You Are Guilty

It doesn't matter. If the wife is afraid to testify, and the other side knows/learns this, it will never settle and she'll have to speak in public, lawyer or not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">