• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Summary Judgment question in the state of Ohio...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

NancyLou9

What is the name of your state?Ohio

I've searched the forums for the answer to this to no avail...

On 29 June 2004 I filed a Motion For Summary Judgment. This was in response to the Defendant filing a Motion to Dismiss and not filing a final response on 24 May. I waited more than a month before deciding the judge wasn't going to rule on the Motion to Dismiss.

Now my question:

What is the time limit for filing a response to the Summary Judgment Motion?

Also, what is the next step? Does the judge just grant it when/if the defendant doesn't respond? Will we just get an order in the mail stating this? The defendant has a habit of ignoring any mail with our return address on it. The only mail she opens in relation to this case are ones that show the return address from the court.

Also, we have gotten nothing in the mail in the form of a response, but that doesn't mean anything. The defendant works for UPS and she will file responses via overnight delivery and send it to us ordinary mail which takes about a week. I'm fine with that, what ever makes her think she has control.

I guess to bottom line this, what do I expect now?

I realize I might not be stating the question clearly to which I would welcome any requests for clarity.

Last edited:

N

NancyLou9

Bump

I'm still hoping that someone will respond to this question.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">