• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Summons?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

meddjay

What is the name of your state?I live in Arizona, and let me say right off the bat if ANY Attorney has an overwhelming desire to help me on a contingency basis.... I will be your new best friend! I really would hire you if I had any money at all, but unfortunately I am so broke I can't even PAY attention! So now that you know I really can't afford a Lawyer, you can probably guess I am pursuing this case Pro Se.

I have a few questions that I don't think are too tough, I'm just a little confused here. I mailed a Waiver of Service of Summons to the address that was on the letterhead of my employment termination letter. It got sent back to me undeliverable. The correct amount of time (30 days) had gone past when I recieved it back so I double checked the address (because I was worried no one would recieve it being that it got sent back the first time undeliverable by the post office) and found out that they had moved and had a new address which I wasn't aware of, so then mailed the summons to the new address. My first question is: did I do that correctly, sending the summons, or should I have sent out another waiver of service first to the new address?

There is only 1 defendant listed in the law suit who works for the Federal Government (TSA) and when I sent out the waiver of service, I sent the waiver made out to the defendant (the named individual working for the TSA) and a copy of that waiver to the District Attorney for my District (which I didn't recieve back in time from the DA either). When I sent out the summons, I mailed it (signed return reciept requested) to the defendant, and a copy (also signed return reciept requested) of that summons to the Attorney General in Washington DC. plus another copy of that summons (again s.r.r.r) to the District Attorney for this district. Question #2) One of the young ladies who works at the court said I should send a summons MADE OUT to the Attorney General (like they were the defendant), but why would I do that? I am not suing the Attorney General, I am suing only that person who works for the TSA. I thought that the Attorney General and DA REPRESENTED the TSA, not became defendants. I thought I just needed to send a copy of the summons of who I was actually suing (TSA)to the A.G., which I did. Did she misunderstand me, or was I the one who misunderstood and should have in fact, sent a summons ADDRESSED to the A.G also? I hope that makes sense!

If I haven't completely confused you or myself, perhaps you could answer those two questions for me? Yes, I WOULD LOVE TO HIRE AN ATTORNEY, and I could if they took monopoly money!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">