• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Summons and Complain Received

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mtaylor870

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

I was served a summons and complaint for a civil action in Michigan. I live in California. I was served yesterday. I disagree that the court has jurisdiction but the plaintiff states I signed a Representation Agreement clause than said any disputed would be subject to suit in Michigan. I disagree with the amount owed of $11K...about $1k hasnt been applied. They also say in the complaint I havent paid since 6/2007 when I made payments after that date. What do I do?

Rexlan

Answer the Complaint and show up in court. Can't dodge debt by moving. If you do not they will probably get a default and the debt will double in a short period of time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">