• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Summons and Complaint Answer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TLK

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

I was served with papers from a police officer with a complaint from Arrow Financial that:

1. I am being sued
2. I have 21 days after receiving summons to file a written answer to the court or to take lawful action
3. If I do not answer/take action judgement may be entered against me.

Questions I have:
How do I correctly answer their questions? How much information needs to be stated in my answer?
Their information shows 2 different money amounts owed – how do I point this out without appearing petty?
I will agree that I still owe them money, the dollar amount they are pursuing is what I object to. I also tried contacting them repeatedly when they stopped automatically debiting my account. How do I state this in my Summons and Complaint Answer?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">