• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

teepot71 don't know what to do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

teepot71

What is the name of your state?Alabama
Let me start off by saying my husband was in the wrong for attempting to elude the police. Now what I need to know is do they have the right to follow a motorcycle for so many miles into another county at a high rate of speed just for a speeding violation? And another thing once he came to a stop to give himself up a polce officer came up from behind and rammed him knocking him several feet in the air acroos the intersection. Once they had him in handcuffs hit him several times up side the head which there were several witnesses to.

rmet4nzkx

teepot71 said:
Let me start off by saying my husband was in the wrong for attempting to elude the police. Now what I need to know is do they have the right to follow a motorcycle for so many miles into another county at a high rate of speed just for a speeding violation? And another thing once he came to a stop to give himself up a polce officer came up from behind and rammed him knocking him several feet in the air acroos the intersection. Once they had him in handcuffs hit him several times up side the head which there were several witnesses to.
Well if your husband had simply stopped when first indicated rather than evaiding the law, he wouldn't have this problem. Yes, they can follow him into another jurisdiciton and use whatever force necessary when he is resisting arrest, you have been watching too much TV if you believe otherwise. Leading the police on a high speed chase puts the public at grave risk. Obviously, the witnesses, may have seen somehting that looked like abuse of authority, however they were not privy to the entire stop, where they? Your husband faces serious charge/s, he cannot simply be let off because he was unsuccessful in out running the police. Why was he running in the first place? Your husband needs a criminal defense attorney.

tijerin

teepot71 said:
Your husband was in the wrong for many things more than just "eluding the police". How about reckless endangerment, resisting arrest, and God only knows what else as, in my experience, people who fail to pull over for the police have REASONS for not wanting to pull over OTHER THAN they don't want a speeding ticket.

You have absolutey no complaint to make. You should be embarrassed for your husband's behavior rather than trying to attack the police officers who did their job.

badapple40

I think we need a couple more facts regarding whether the police did anything wrong.

not so much for the pursuit, but what occurred after they had him in custody.

Was you husband fighting them, or otherwise causing a ruckus after they had him in custody?

Happy Trails

badapple40 said:
I think we need a couple more facts regarding whether the police did anything wrong.

Was you husband fighting them, or otherwise causing a ruckus after they had him in custody?
I agree with Rmetx, he does need an attorney.

Last edited:

teepot71

rmet4nzkx said:
Well if your husband had simply stopped when first indicated rather than evaiding the law, he wouldn't have this problem. Yes, they can follow him into another jurisdiciton and use whatever force necessary when he is resisting arrest, you have been watching too much TV if you believe otherwise. Leading the police on a high speed chase puts the public at grave risk. Obviously, the witnesses, may have seen somehting that looked like abuse of authority, however they were not privy to the entire stop, where they? Your husband faces serious charge/s, he cannot simply be let off because he was unsuccessful in out running the police. Why was he running in the first place? Your husband needs a criminal defense attorney.
My husband did not resist arrest and not once did I say he was not wrong. The witness was there thru out the whole arrest and several other people who saw the the whole thing. Too much Tv has nothing to do with the fact that once you have a man in custody whether they have the right to bet you.

teepot71

teepot71

badapple40 said:

No he didn't resist at all as a matter of fact he had stopped to give himself up. He was not running because of anything that he had done. It was just a stupid mistake that he made. All of the people that were there which were of different races say that the cop just walked up after they handcuffed him and just started hitting him.

centralia62801

Resisting Arrest

teepot71 said:
"Alabama" Let me start off by saying my husband was in the wrong for attempting to elude the police.QUOTE]

I'm not a lawyer but isn't trying to out run the police the same as resisting arrest? I've always thought so.

Anyway's you can find many criminal defense lawyer's in the yellow pages or you can get him Criminal defense encyclopedia's and other refference guides to help him try to get a smaller sentence.

Best of luck.
Lisa

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">