• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Telephonic hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

Can someone point me to information regarding appearing telephonically for child support matters? I'm specifically looking for how to file a request and any conditions that must be met before a telephonic appearance can be granted.

Can someone point me to information regarding appearing telephonically for child support matters? I'm specifically looking for how to file a request and any conditions that must be met before a telephonic appearance can be granted.
I suspect that this will depend not just on the state and court that the case is filed in, nor just on any local rules, but also on the judge and what he/she allows and doesn't allow in his/her courtroom. I suggest calling the judge's court staff and asking them if the judge ever allows anyone to appear telephonically, and if so how you can make arrangements for that (do you need to file a motion requesting it, etcetera). Some court clerks are more helpful than others. Be aware that they cannot give you any legal advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">