• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Threats and intimidation for requesting repairs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Master1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Any state, CA

Hello,

I bought a house and after a while I discovered a hidden defect (covered up cracks on basement floor). I brought a home inspector to inspect it and write a report. He estimated the repair to cost around $10, 000. So I sent the vendor a registered letter asking him to do the repair. He denied existance of any hidden defects and threatened me to press charges against me for the following motives: $100,000 for jeopardizing his wife's life, since she suffers from a serious heart condition, $50,000 for alleged loss of reputation, $50,000 for alleged attempt extortion on an 82 year old gentleman for extremely futile reasons, $15,000 for alleged collateral damages i.e. ruining both families's holiday season & $5,000 miscellaneous expenses: lawyers' advice, experts' advice and other inquiries.

My question is can he press these chages against me for just asking him to repair the hidden defect in the house he sold me 3 years ago??? And can I sue him for threatening and intimidating me?

Thank you so much.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">