• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unethical behavior of an attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fourlives

What is the name of your state? California

i am the administrator of my deceased husband's estate. he died without a will, therefore his estate is supposed to be divided equally between myself and his brother. Unfortunately probate has been going on for nearly three years. we are now going into arbritation. however the problem is that my brother-in-law has hired himself an unscrupulous attorney. she continues to harass myself and the estate attorney with lies and misconceptions which has delayed the proceedings. for example she continues to harp about my husband's car that was purchased before the marriage which I sold and entered the funds into the estate account. she has been making accusations that i have used the car for my own use, and that i should be charged for the upkeep of the car. she claims that someone saw me driving the car. this is wrong it would be laughable if wasn't delaying the proceedings. as for truth of the matter. i never drove the car. its manual, and i can't even drive a manual. i could probably bring 100 people to testify to that matter. i would like to know can an attorney make up fabrications without any penalty. as an officer of the court does she have some obligation to pursue the truth. this issue has been brought several times in ct record and has been adequatly explained by myself and my attorney. and this just one of the examples of her lying. is there some way for me to sign a signed afferdavid or something that would prevent her from bringing up dead issues to further the delay. is there any place to report her too? and do i have any legal remedies. could i sue her for slander or libel? her manuevering are impacting my ability to get my share of the estate.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

fourlives said:
What is the name of your state? California

i am the administrator of my deceased husband's estate. he died without a will, therefore his estate is supposed to be divided equally between myself and his brother. Unfortunately probate has been going on for nearly three years. we are now going into arbritation. however the problem is that my brother-in-law has hired himself an unscrupulous attorney. she continues to harass myself and the estate attorney with lies and misconceptions which has delayed the proceedings. for example she continues to harp about my husband's car that was purchased before the marriage which I sold and entered the funds into the estate account. she has been making accusations that i have used the car for my own use, and that i should be charged for the upkeep of the car. she claims that someone saw me driving the car. this is wrong it would be laughable if wasn't delaying the proceedings. as for truth of the matter. i never drove the car. its manual, and i can't even drive a manual. i could probably bring 100 people to testify to that matter. i would like to know can an attorney make up fabrications without any penalty. as an officer of the court does she have some obligation to pursue the truth. this issue has been brought several times in ct record and has been adequatly explained by myself and my attorney. and this just one of the examples of her lying. is there some way for me to sign a signed afferdavid or something that would prevent her from bringing up dead issues to further the delay. is there any place to report her too? and do i have any legal remedies. could i sue her for slander or libel? her manuevering are impacting my ability to get my share of the estate.
**A: when you called the CA Bar Association, what did they tell you?

P

pamela vandi

"malpractice and defective products"

There is a classification under "accident, injury, insurance..." called "malpractice and defective products." Complaints about corrupt and incompetent attorneys can be posted there as well as in this column.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">