• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

University failed to handle my grade dispute two years in a row! What to do legally?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

audreyedmiston

Hello. I'm Audrey in North Carolina taking my classes online from University of Washington in Seattle, Washington State (WA).

My lamer teacher failed me twice from a "core" course, so I can't graduate until I take it again at $3,000 per course!

However, I'm a very good student coming from honor roll :D with my undergrad and having an above average GPA at this grad school even with the two failing grades (failing is described as below 2.7 for core classes). Obviously, something is wrong :confused: with this picture, and I've been trying to talk with my department heads and the dean to no avail. They really suck at this grade dispute thing, and won't review my assignments.

So, I ask y'all... what kind of lawyer am I looking for? In which State do I need to have him/her from? Being in NC and having my school based in WA makes me think I'm probably headed to the West Coast for my case, but I'd like to sue from nearby and avoid the travel since I have a family here.

What are the terms I need to know as I step into this court case? I don't know how to formulate what I'm suing for aside for a grade change and some compensation for the expensive classes and for being so stressed through a pregnancy that they were aware of. I read something like, "punitive damages and damages for emotional stress, loss of enjoyment of life" from somewhere, but if you have other tips for how to formulate my situation, let me know!

If you know of cases similar that have been in the news, forward the links maybe so I can see what my odds are of a judge caring about me.

Thank you sooo much for letting me consult you. Your expertise, your time, your energy, and your passion to help the poor student is such a blessing for me and my family! :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">