• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unlivable Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

schwartz

What is the name of your state? WISCONSIN A friend of mine was living in an apartment building that had a horrible problem with a broken sewer pipe which completely left her apartment unlivable

The plumber had been there and told her the problem was only going to get worse, and that she had better run as it was going to explode with more sewage until the problem was fixed. He said it would about two days, before the apartment would be completely damaged and he had no idea how long it would take to fix pipe.

She called landlord and asked him if this was true and why he did not tell her?
He said yes it was true and I asked him if another apartment was available and he said no. She asked to help get her propert iand get her into another place. He said I am not a mover

She called her daughter and begged her to get a truck and save her property and get her into a cheap hotel.

Her daughter came and saved her just as the sewage water had risen and she managed to get out the back. She was in a hotel and her stuff on a rented truck for one week, at which time she found another apartment

The landlord gave her back her security deposit but when she asked for the money for the hotel and truck rental, he said he was not responsible for that

Can she sue him for this

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">