• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unpaid settlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

meoowsa

I was after some advice. The case is based in UK

I am involved in a hearing at the leasehold tribunal regarding a breach of convenant, I am the freeholder.

I received an offer of settlement from the respondant which claimed to be a part 36 but now I am dubious due to bad wording wether it would be callsed as such it also mentioned the calderbank principle.

Anyway I accepted the offer some 4 weeks ago expecting payment within 2 weeks as is the part 36 ruling.

no paymernt has as yet been received, they are saying that this is due to negotiations with a third party.

the diffilculty is this part of the offer is to exchange the freehold to the 2 tenants and the third party tthey are negitiating with is the other tenant.

but the offer clearly states 1 figure to be paid solely by the respondant so i feel these other negotiations have no relevance to this settlement and it should be paid. If the respondant needed to negotiate something with the other tenant it should have been done before making the offer, am I right??

i need to know what to do now money for solicitors is difficult, I have spoken to the property tribunal and they say if i have accepted an offer the case should be settled and the case closed but I havent received the funds.

what should be my course of action??

thank you for any assistance

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">