• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

URGENT - need to stop Wage Garnishment initiation - MD

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

miamisbaby

Maryland.
A judgment was entered against me in a case in the district court of md. There is a motion to alter judgment pending with the court. Before the motion comes up for the court, the plaintiff filed a writ for garnishment of wages, and the court approved it. As per my understanding the writ should not have been approved till the motion was heard.
My employer has received the writ from the court, and will start garnishment from the next pay cycle.
The plaintiff says that she will accept the judgment amount and inform the court of the receipt only if I give a certain affidavit. I do not wish to give her that in writing. What are my legal options in terms of getting the wage garnishment stopped? I am willing to pay the entire judgment amount to the court, or plaintiff. I need to do this immediately. Please advice as to what options I have. My employer says they can only stop the garnishment if they receive something from the court, is there something else they can accept?
What impact will this have on my credit rating?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Dandy Don

What is your reason for wanting it stopped?

For a matter of such importance you need to be talking to a local debt collection attorney or business law attorney to achieve the quick results you want.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">