• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Valid Mutual Release ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

madmike

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Arizona. I recently settled a wage claim ( My Partener was the defendant ) We settled only do to the high cost of the cival trial. The plaintiffs attorney wrote the release by hand on a piece of notebook paper. The release include the plaintiffs attorney's signature ,the plaintiffs husband (was not part of the case, but was on the plaintiffs witness list for the cival trial ), My name (I was not included in the claim and I did not sign the release), My parteners name ( She did sign ). What it did not include was the plaintiffs signature. I was told by another attorney that this may not be a valid release or may have some loopholes. Anyone have expierience with something like this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">