• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vehicle given away without consent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

clark34

I live in missouri, my vehicle was left at a friend on mines work, it happened to be a car dealership, he was to eventually take the car to his house since i was living out of state and hadnt came back to get it yet. My friend eventually quit the job and was given notice to have my car removed. He didnt make the deadline and my vehicle was supposedly given away to someone who came along and asked about it. Should i call the police and report it stolen or assume i have lost my vehicle.

badapple40

clark34 said:
I live in missouri, my vehicle was left at a friend on mines work, it happened to be a car dealership, he was to eventually take the car to his house since i was living out of state and hadnt came back to get it yet. My friend eventually quit the job and was given notice to have my car removed. He didnt make the deadline and my vehicle was supposedly given away to someone who came along and asked about it. Should i call the police and report it stolen or assume i have lost my vehicle.
Did they sell it, or did they give it away?

Happy Trails

clark34 said:
Your vehicle could be sitting in an impound lot racking up charges. It is also possible someone did steal it. Either way a call to the authorities needs to be made.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">