• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Verbal Agreements

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tina.dealnk

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Carolina

I own a mobile home with my ex husband. He made a verbal agreement with a couple to buy the home, no contract has been signed. They are living in the home and are paying the amount that was agreed on each week. I want to get my half of what is left owing on the home and sign the deed over to my ex but he is trying to stop me. I have sent a certified letter to them stating that they have 15 days to payn my half or I will go to civil court and have them evicted or they will have to pay my half. Can I do this?

tranquility

No. Each of the owners have right of possession and either can rent. You have no cause to evict the tenants. Your quarrel is with your ex.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">