• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Victim of Con and Hoax Mental Emotional Financial loss and suffering. Man to woman

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

momlove

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AR
In this example a man has gotten close to me and said he was single with children. He used emotional tactics to create situation where feelings developed and where concern and caring seemed to be the foundation as well as even a possible future together.
After 6 months and full stories of distress with car issues and credit and also other things he asked about borrowing money. I had a line of credit on my home and was struggling to pay the monthly amount. I agreed and said we both could help one another and an agreement was typed up with interest he agreed to pay this back. Longer story short within 6 months and him losing his job I got paid one months payment. At that time I found out he had a wife who had been gone I guess out of town for a 6 month block on business. I had not gone to his house for ... reasons of many.. children.. work.. etc.
When I found out I broke it all off and of course was upset for being lied to and manipulated. I asked for my money back and he promised to do so. He promised month after month and now it has been One year since the loan. As of this last month he has not answered calls anymore. I have tried to contact him via his home phone two times and of course that did not go well.
What can I do.? I have nightmares now about him hurting me emotionally and taunting me and making fun of how I feel for all this. I can not sleep and i am thinking of therapy. I want to get the money back and hope that will help my emotional state. I really did develop feelings and it was extremely painful to go through this. I feel like a fool of course and such a dumb person to fall for this.
The loan is twice the small claims court max amount. Do I have any chance of getting money back? OR even making a claim for more that than such as emotional stress and suffering issues?
This has been just horrible. When he was promising to pay back all these last 6 months I asked him to not promise just to say so because I was emotionally not able to handle that and i was serous about that. I am physically ill and he took advantage of me in such a huge way that I can not even type it all here.. There is more of course and we had dates and gifts and time together that were intimate and what was said to me seemed like a great thing at the time. I told my family all about him and such and wow. This has been Horrible.
Any legal advice? I have no idea how to handle this or if I have any legal recourse. No man should get away with this. And yes no woman should fall for such a hoax. But how can this be handled?
Please advise.
:(

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You have a signed promise of repayment. Sue the bad person if he doesn't pay as agreed.

As for the rest - it's called a "Life Lesson"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">