• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Virginia: Private Document That Needs To Be Filed Under Public Records

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

realgdb

Virginia:

Hi,

I have a private document that has been notarized and I need to file it under the City of Alexandria Public Records.

What's going on: There is a current court case for a warrant in debt.

I was told to file it under the county recorders office, but there is not one in the city, only the recorders office which seems to deal with land records.

I've filed the document under the current court case HOWEVER, the only way that it will show is if someone looks for the court case itself (So I do not think that is a PUBLIC RECORD).

Only other thing that I know to do is try to file a legal notice in the PUBLIC newspaper since they are being very difficult to file this private document on PUBLIC record at the city of Alexandria court house.

Any suggestions on how to file this document even if it's under a misc filing (which they say there is no misc filing by the clerks of the court) will be very helpful.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What kind of document is this and why do you feel it is so necessary to "file" it?

FlyingRon

If the document is the Warrant in Debt (or one of it's attachments) it gets filed with the court (and copies sent to the parties).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">