• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Voiding a quit claim deed due to mental incapacity

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Suzanne Schlabs

Six months ago I removed my Grandmother from an abusive living situation. She was residing with her son (my father) in her condo. The condo administration called me, upon her moving out, and said that she needed to fill out a quit-claim deed for him to stay there. I needed time to get us set up at an undisclosed address. (i've seen him cross state lines to find my mother when she left him) So I had my Grandmother fill out the quit-claim. I was not her legal representative when she did this. My father had power of attorney at that time. She wasn't mentally competent at the time. We have doctors statements. Four months after the signing I was awarded guardianship of her. This all happened in FL. How strong are my chances for voiding the quitclaim?

BlondiePB

Six months ago I removed my Grandmother from an abusive living situation. She was residing with her son (my father) in her condo. The condo administration called me, upon her moving out, and said that she needed to fill out a quit-claim deed for him to stay there. I needed time to get us set up at an undisclosed address. (i've seen him cross state lines to find my mother when she left him) So I had my Grandmother fill out the quit-claim. I was not her legal representative when she did this. My father had power of attorney at that time. She wasn't mentally competent at the time. We have doctors statements. Four months after the signing I was awarded guardianship of her. This all happened in FL. How strong are my chances for voiding the quitclaim?
Some things just don't add up, Dana. If all this happened in FL and you are now in GA, where was the guardianship done in FL or GA? :confused:

Furthermore, since when do FL condo HOAs make such demands?

In your other thread, I asked what did YOUR guardian attorney say about all this, not the court appointed attorney that was representing your grandmother for the guardianship hearing. Why didn't the court know about all this at the hearing? Just wait 'til the court finds out about all this. :eek:

https://forum.freeadvice.com/other-real-estate-law-questions-11/voiding-quit-claim-deed-due-mental-incapacity-480530.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">