• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Want to avoid trouble before this necessity

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hfeline

I live in Illinois, Chicago suburbs.

My neighbor and I have a dispute on the property border. That said, she insists that her property rests six inches over the fence. We are ordering a new plat survey at the moment. I will spare the insanity she introduces. Introduction of violence as well. Suffice to say, I've been advised to draft an agreement stating that the border is in dispute.

I've considered getting surveillance cameras as well.

May I ask what other advice any can offer me?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I live in Illinois, Chicago suburbs.

My neighbor and I have a dispute on the property border. That said, she insists that her property rests six inches over the fence. We are ordering a new plat survey at the moment. I will spare the insanity she introduces. Introduction of violence as well. Suffice to say, I've been advised to draft an agreement stating that the border is in dispute.

I've considered getting surveillance cameras as well.

May I ask what other advice any can offer me?
Your request is very vague. Advice for what?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">