• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Saragaston0612

Help

My husband bought a car from someone who told him he lost the title but did a bill of sale. We did ask was there a lien and he said no and we asked where was the title and he said he was moving and lost the title and did the bill of sale. When we went to register the vehicle they told us there was a lien on it and we couldn't get it registered. 2 days later it was repoed with my husbands tools in it. What can we do?

quincy

My husband bought a car from someone who told him he lost the title but did a bill of sale. We did ask was there a lien and he said no and we asked where was the title and he said he was moving and lost the title and did the bill of sale. When we went to register the vehicle they told us there was a lien on it and we couldn't get it registered. 2 days later it was repoed with my husbands tools in it. What can we do?
What is the name of your state, Saragaston0612?

Does your husband know the person from whom he purchased the vehicle, or know where the fellow lives? Do you know where the vehicle is now?

You will probably be able to get the tools back easier than you will be able to recover from the seller what you paid for the vehicle.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">