• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can I do if a court recorder refuses to give copy of the audio recordings

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lifemoveson

What is the name of your state? TX

I spoke to the court stenographer from a civil hearing I had, asking for a copy of the audio tapes (I already have a copy of the transcripts) and she refused to give me a copy saying they belonged to the company she worked for.

1. Is there a form I can fill out asking for the audio recordings formally?
2. Does it have to be subpoena'd / can it be subpoena'd?
3. Although her company might own the equipment, do they really own the recording as well?
4. Lastly, can she delete it or is it a part of court record so cannot be deleted? i.e. would the court have some "record" of the recording...no pun intended, so it cannot be deleted?

You Are Guilty

What is the name of your state? TX

I spoke to the court stenographer from a civil hearing I had, asking for a copy of the audio tapes (I already have a copy of the transcripts) and she refused to give me a copy saying they belonged to the company she worked for.

1. Is there a form I can fill out asking for the audio recordings formally?
2. Does it have to be subpoena'd / can it be subpoena'd?
3. Although her company might own the equipment, do they really own the recording as well?
4. Lastly, can she delete it or is it a part of court record so cannot be deleted? i.e. would the court have some "record" of the recording...no pun intended, so it cannot be deleted?
Were the transcripts created from the audio recordings or were they both made simulatenously?

lifemoveson

Sorry about that

Sorry, I didn't realize this would be considered a double post. I'll post the question under the transcript problem. Thanks guys.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">