• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can I do - someone took something to ship to me but never did.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

notanid10t

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX and NM (items were from NM but delivered to the person in TX)

My wife and I moved to Mexico back in August for a year. We had a friend offer that they would go across the border into Ciudad Juarez to ship us some things because we couldn't wait for them to arrive in the mail (it is cheaper to ship from inside Mexico to another address in Mexico than it is from the US. The friend lives in El Paso, TX). Amongst the items were a controlled substance prescription and valuables that equal in value of over $1000.

When she picked up the items, she was given enough money to pay for the shipping of the items overnight. She never shipped them; she used the money to pay for other things - the standard steal from Peter to pay Paul scenario. We were understanding because we have been there; not happy but would deal with it. We created pre-paid DHL shipping labels for the stuff but she still hasn't shipped the items. She is coming up with all sorts of excuses about why it hasn't been done. It has been 3 weeks since she has gotten the items and keeps saying that she will ship them a couple of days but hasn't. The excuses range from "I don't have time" to "My dog is sick" and so on.

We do not trust her to complete what she said she would do and would either like to get our stuff back or have it shipped to us. What can we do to push this to get done? Could what she has done be viewed as theft of a controlled substance because my prescriptions are on the Controlled Substance list? Or did I just shoot myself in the foot by trusting her to do what she said she would do and there is nothing I can do?

Any suggestions? We really would like to get our property and prescriptions back more than anything.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Are you really asking for help on illegally importing controlled substances in to Mexico?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">