• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what can I say and what can't I say on a website?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

macneil

what can I say and what can't I say on a website? Slander? Defamation?

What is the name of your state? Oregon
I started a website that is for consumers shopping for major appliances and home furnishings in the Portland, Oregon area. It lists some unethical practices that are going on by certain stores in the area. It also allows copnsumers to relate personal experiences. I have some very specific information posted there (company memos) that show some stores practice of bait and switch tactics. How far can I go with this? Am I going to get arrested or sued if all I post is true and verifiable with hard copy? ANY input is greatly appreciated. I want to report what is going on but I don't want to lose my house in some defamation or slander law suit. The website is www.appliancesportland.comTHANKS!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">