• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what to do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sandijean

What is the name of your state?North Carolina

I will try to make this short. I have been married to my husband 2 years. He pays his ex wife 3,000 a month in alimony. They have no children and the separation agreement is not court ordered. He for some reason did not get a lawyer when they got divorced. My husband missed three payments in four years. and now she is suing him for breach of contract and has a les pesdens on our office building that we own. She is also suing me for criminal conversation. We have since paid her her alimony and Our lawyer filed for dismissal at the court house.(statute of limitations). Now that we have paid her nothing is happening. Our law suit is just sitting there. What should we do? Will it go away with time or should we set up a court date? Thanks so much for any help.

S

seniorjudge

"...What should we do?..."

Fire lawyer.

Hire new lawyer.

S

seniorjudge

"...He pays his ex wife 3,000 a month in alimony...."

There's got to be good story there!

Anyway, your new lawyer will tell you the status of the case and what you can expect next.

If you do not know what is happening in your lawsuit, then it is your lawyer's fault, not yours.

Ask questions till you are fully aware of everything that is happening.

JETX

sandijean said:
She is also suing me for criminal conversation. We have since paid her her alimony and Our lawyer filed for dismissal at the court house.(statute of limitations). Now that we have paid her nothing is happening. Our law suit is just sitting there. What should we do?
Your attorney can file a 'Motion to Dismiss' on the lawsuit as its basis has been removed and is no longer an issue. Or, he can simply let it die its own death and be dismissed by the court for lack of prosecution.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">