• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What does it mean for a state's attorney to vacate a conditional disharge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Souladelic

What is the name of your state? Illinois

Can anyone help me out with this

BL

Conditional Discharge , generally means you are ordered to meet certain conditions for - a period of time - one of which is to not get into anymore trouble with the law during this specified period.

Vacate = set aside .

In this case it would mean no more order .

Although depending on the circumstances,maybe the CD was vacated,and more serious offenses brought against the offender.

What do you think ? Maybe the person that had the CD should be asking this ATTN: ?

S

Souladelic

well, the judge is writing a petition to vacate my conditional disharge. I don't know what he plans on doing this for. Is there a possible penalty he's looking to put on me?

BL

Soul ; It is hard to beleive that you have no clue as to what's going on .

Why don't you just be honest here !!

S

Souladelic

i know why he's doing it, but i meant that i don't know what it is all about. I don't know what it means for a states attorney to file a petition to vacate my conditional disharge. Could this mean that I won't be off my conditional disharge? I guess all I want to know is if i should hire a lawyer. It all seems rather trivial to me.

BL

i know why he's doing it, [ QUOTE ]

Would you care to tell us WHY ?

That answer would be an Important piece of information for this forum .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">