• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What must I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thomas2009

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas

I lived with my ex-bf in his house for 4.5 months (Jan-May 2008) and brought all my stuff with me when I moved in. We parted ways in mid May 2008 and he did not let me take my stuff saying he will pay for it. I since then moved out of state and never received any payment until now. I got married and moved back to the same state where he lives and now I wanted to get back my stuff but he threatened me with a restraining order which we just found out that it was just a bluff. There was no RO filed against me. We went to the local police station and we were advised to consult a lawyer. I was wondering if anybody in this forum has any idea what to do in this case and how much it would cost to hire a lawyer. Is there something we can do without having to spend a lot of money? Thanks in advance for your help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">