• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what is a proposed order???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jkbertram

I filed a case in small claims court against a manufactured home builder. I sued for the maximum allowed in my state (Indiana) which is $6,000.00. Councel for the defense filed to move the case to the plenary docket and it was so ordered. Upon the case being transferred to the plenary docket, according to Indiana law, the case is no longer considered a small claims case. I filed a motion to allow me to increase the amount of damages because of this. I filed a motion to this effect along with a certificate of service. I recieved a chronology of the case stating the motion was filed, however, I was told that a proposed order needs to be filed. What does this mean, what are they looking for, and how do I word the order...or is there a form that accomplishes this task?
need help,
Jim

p.s. I am doing this pro se in case you couldn't tell.

http://www.uslegalforms.com/products.php/US-0142LTR.htm|lectlaw

at the link above is the place where you can download the form but it costs $5.00 you might be able to get one at the local courthouse but i think it costs the same.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">