• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Where do I go from here?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sonji8603

What is the name of your state?GA
I am an agency RN and was attacked while working at a state psychiatric facility. The facility was not following standard SOP. They moved me and 2 HSTs on a unit being actively prepared for clients. We had no emergency medications, no immediate phone usage, and no reliable handheld radio-it had no base, so it worked at intervals. I made the supervisor aware of this and she offered no reassurances. I had asked for emergency medication for the assaulting client at 9:15a.m. I received the medication at 10:40 a.m. The incident occurred at 10:30 a.m. I received a contusion to my coccyx and a significant sized bald area where my hair was pulled from the calp. Also, I am having an MRI soon to determine why I am still having pain in my left shoulder. I have been out of work for two weeks. I feel that I would not have gotten hurt if this facility was practicing standard SOP. I want to file a civil lawsuit but do not know if this is the correct path. Please help. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">