• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who do I show that I've satisfied a judges ruling?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HawaiiThad

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Hawaii

I have probably phrased the question in my title wrong. Sorry. I'm not an attorney nor am I well-versed in the law. (That's why I'm here, right!) ;-)

Here's the short version of my story.

I got sued by my homeowners association over the condition of my lawn. The house we moved into was new. It came without a lawn. We had six months to landscape the property. Without admitting guilt, we may not have done anything with the yard in the several years we have lived here! (no money)

Skipping ahead, we recently got sued and, according to paperwork we received we had thirty days to install a lawn or the association can hire someone who will come in and do it.

I did what little I could and I have a picture that shows a pretty decent lawn on my property. My question is what do I do now. Do I notify the judge? Or do I send something to opposing council?

tranquility

Unless the court ordered you to present some proof of compliance, your compliance should be enough. The other side needs to make a motion to the court if they think you are in contempt.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">