• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who is liable?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

They all ready tried to get a default by serving another person of same name then filed proof of service

An LLC doesn't protect you against liability for your personal acts.

If the owner of Biz A believes that you personally did what he alleges you did, then suing you as an individual is proper regardless of what the allegations say.

justalayman

Possibly. If that appears to be the case, Gone South will want a local attorney to help put a halt to that type of nonsense.

I wouldn't advise opening any negotiations without a consultation with a local lawyer first. In fact, a consultation with a local lawyer is advised anyway. If the suit filed against Gone South is a nuisance suit (or filed against the wrong party), it is possible that the entire thing can be dismissed in short fashion.
I thought hiring a lawyer was a given. :eek::p

justalayman

Their intent is to buckle me financially to give them my land
Aha!!!!!

(1 point me me Quincy)

So, do you have the financial wherewithal to play the game? If they do, sometimes the David and goliath story does prove to be a myth. This is something you should be discussing with an attorney. If the intent is not to win damages but acquire your property, the actions taken can vary a lot. Of course defending yourself is necessary but winning the suit may be meaningless and expensive if their true intent is to end up with your property.

quincy

Gone South should have the complaint personally reviewed and there should be a personal review of the evidence Biz A has (if any) that connects Gone South or Biz B LLC to property damage.

I agree with justalayman that it could eventually be a smart course of action to negotiate a settlement with Biz A, but this should ONLY be done once an attorney local to Gone South has reviewed the legal action and the facts and determined that Biz A actually has a suit with merit.

I wonder if Biz A has any video surveillance evidence ...

Last edited:

quincy

... So, do you have the financial wherewithal to play the game? If they do, sometimes the David and goliath story does prove to be a myth. This is something you should be discussing with an attorney. If the intent is not to win damages but acquire your property, the actions taken can vary a lot. Of course defending yourself is necessary but winning the suit may be meaningless and expensive if their true intent is to end up with your property.
It will be the financial wherewithal that could make the difference - which can be sad for a small business up against a big business.

justalayman

It will be the financial wherewithal that could make the difference - which can be sad for a small business up against a big business.
Hey, what's the word on our like button? I would like to utilize it occasionally.

I've also noticed that all threads have the little tag thing on them. Can we trade back: the meaningless tag for the like button?

quincy

Hey, what's the word on our like button? I would like to utilize it occasionally.

I've also noticed that all threads have the little tag thing on them. Can we trade back: the meaningless tag for the like button?
I miss the like button, too. I find I am creating more posts when a simple "like" would have expressed the same thing. If anyone else wishes to contact FA about the return of the like, I wish they would. FA is sick of hearing from me. :)

I cannot financially take on this big company the law firm they use are their partners; they know they are wide open to sanctions and abuse of process but they basically state tose are small pills to swallow in comparison to the headache they can give me...

Aha!!!!!

(1 point me me Quincy)

So, do you have the financial wherewithal to play the game? If they do, sometimes the David and goliath story does prove to be a myth. This is something you should be discussing with an attorney. If the intent is not to win damages but acquire your property, the actions taken can vary a lot. Of course defending yourself is necessary but winning the suit may be meaningless and expensive if their true intent is to end up with your property.

Biz A cannot possibly have any video proof or evidence unless they have hired Dreamworks and an amazing make up team to create it.

Gone South should have the complaint personally reviewed and there should be a personal review of the evidence Biz A has (if any) that connects Gone South or Biz B LLC to property damage.

I agree with justalayman that it could eventually be a smart course of action to negotiate a settlement with Biz A, but this should ONLY be done once an attorney local to Gone South has reviewed the legal action and the facts and determined that Biz A actually has a suit with merit.

I wonder if Biz A has any video surveillance evidence ...

quincy

Video surveillance evidence could exonerate you (or not) depending on what it showed but it is probably just as well that Biz A has nothing on tape that they potentially can use to support their claims.

Did Biz A ever report the alleged property damage to the police? Was there an investigation into illegal chemical dumping or vandalism or employee injuries? Anything at all that Biz A could use to connect you or Biz B to the damage?

Was asked a few years ago if I would sell or rent I refused several times ... they told me in a conversation they could wrap me up indefinitely in a law suit and cripple me financially if I do not let them use my property.
Was anyone around who heard Biz A say the above to you? That would be of benefit to you.

Again, you really need to see an attorney in your area for a personal review. Following is a link to the California Bar Association where you might be able to find direction to a low cost attorney in your area: http://www.calbar.ca.gov/

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">