• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who to sue and who to serve

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jdewar01

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

According to the Cash Sale Deed:

_* Company0, LLC, sold and transferred all rights of a property unto:
_* Company1, LLC which is managed by Company2, LLC, and organized by yet a third company.
_* Company2 is organized and managed by Person1.

According to the record of the Secretary of State:

Company1 and Company2 are domiciled at the same address1 of Person1. The registered agent of both Company1 and Company2 is Person2, appointed (whatever that means) and his address is given different from address1.

The property in question is a residential complex, it has a different address from the previous ones and it is managed by Person3.

Another document related to this sales deal is titled: Unanimous Consent of the Members of Company0, LLC.

All members of the Company0 do adopt the following resolution:

RESOLVED, that the Company0 sell the apartments known as Residential Complex, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, located on the property on the attached exhibit A to Person1, or his assigns, on the terms and conditions set forth…etc.

Who to sue and who to serve?

The lawsuit is going to be in the City court, not in the small claims court because any prospective defendant other than Person3 resides outside the jurisdiction of the small claims court.

HomeGuru

Jdewar01 said:
What is the name of your state? Louisiana

According to the Cash Sale Deed:

_* Company0, LLC, sold and transferred all rights of a property unto:
_* Company1, LLC which is managed by Company2, LLC, and organized by yet a third company.
_* Company2 is organized and managed by Person1.

According to the record of the Secretary of State:

Company1 and Company2 are domiciled at the same address1 of Person1. The registered agent of both Company1 and Company2 is Person2, appointed (whatever that means) and his address is given different from address1.

The property in question is a residential complex, it has a different address from the previous ones and it is managed by Person3.

Another document related to this sales deal is titled: Unanimous Consent of the Members of Company0, LLC.

All members of the Company0 do adopt the following resolution:

RESOLVED, that the Company0 sell the apartments known as Residential Complex, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, located on the property on the attached exhibit A to Person1, or his assigns, on the terms and conditions set forth…etc.

Who to sue and who to serve?

The lawsuit is going to be in the City court, not in the small claims court because any prospective defendant other than Person3 resides outside the jurisdiction of the small claims court.
**A: and whom did your attorney recommend be served?

J

Jdewar01

Re: Who to serve and who to sue

I am pro se. I did consult with an attorney. After I spent $150 he gave me a list of companies none of them has anything to do with the property in question. The only common thing they have is the domicile of Company1. I had to spend good time on the telephone and then in the State Department searching for the documents containing the information about the property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">