• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who would be responsible for water line broken by neighbor's delivery driver

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

digital_alchemy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee

Recently my mother-in-law was visiting us for a couple of weeks. While she was away from home someone moved a mobile home into a lot next to her property. While moving it in the drivers used her driveway and in the process crushed the water line from the main line to her house and for about 1½ week the water was leaking. When she returned she had to have the line replaced.

Her driveway and waterline actually goes across another land owner’s property and the easement is recorded on the deed.

Could she recover the expense to replace the waterline and who would be responsible?

I would believe that it would be the responsibility of the people who hired the mover to deliver the mobile home.

Thanks.

Last edited:

justalayman

The mover may be liable and those who hired them may be liable. Without more facts it isn't clear.

I would make a demand from both. If neither pays, sue both of them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">