• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wife lied and I can't use it?? Please help.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

satxmarco

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX
Hello. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. My soon to be ex-wife took my children from Texas to Arkansas. When she got there, she filed a police report and restraining order against me. She said that she felt threatened and in fear for her life. The local D.A. later had the local police department call her to get a statement. This was a few months after the alleged incident. In her new report she stated that I was "waving a gun in her face" as I threatened her. I am due in court in a few weeks. I am being prosecuted for terroristic threats. My lawyer says there is no way to use the police report she made in Arkansas to prove that she is lying. I think the jury would like to know that two days after she stole my children there was no mention of a gun... however a few months later one magically appeared. My lawyer says that we cannot subpoena the officer she originally made the report with in Arkansas because it is out of state. Does anyone have ANY ideas as to how I can prove she is lying? Thank you for your thoughts.

justalayman

the lack of it being reported does not mean she lied.

She is going to be in court, correct? Then your attorney can ask her about the differences in the report while she is under oath.

satxmarco

the lack of it being reported does not mean she lied.

She is going to be in court, correct? Then your attorney can ask her about the differences in the report while she is under oath.
She will be there.. It is my understanding that he can't ask her about the report because it is inadmissible because it is from another state.

satxmarco

Nobody here should be second-guessing an attorney who is familiar with all the facts. I certainly won't.
lol. yet you took the time to reply? bored much? i am asking for advice on a legal matter.. not your personal opinion.

Last edited:

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX
Hello. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. My soon to be ex-wife took my children from Texas to Arkansas. When she got there, she filed a police report and restraining order against me. She said that she felt threatened and in fear for her life. The local D.A. later had the local police department call her to get a statement. This was a few months after the alleged incident. In her new report she stated that I was "waving a gun in her face" as I threatened her. I am due in court in a few weeks. I am being prosecuted for terroristic threats. My lawyer says there is no way to use the police report she made in Arkansas to prove that she is lying. I think the jury would like to know that two days after she stole my children there was no mention of a gun... however a few months later one magically appeared. My lawyer says that we cannot subpoena the officer she originally made the report with in Arkansas because it is out of state. Does anyone have ANY ideas as to how I can prove she is lying? Thank you for your thoughts.
Steve was correct: you should be relying upon your attorney.

I see you didn't mean it when you wrote, "Any advice would be greatly appreciated." :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">