• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Writ of execution

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Emerger

What is the name of your state? Florida

I filed a pro se complaint against my former employer (a corporation). They dissolved, ignored the complaint, and I received a default judgement.

I want to take their domain name. It's not property in the traditional sense, but it's still property. Can I file a Writ of Execution asking the judge to transfer registration of the domain name to me as partial satisfaction of the judgment, or do I have to involve the sheriff in "confiscating" the domain name and auctioning it?

While this is an execution, it's more akin to a garnishment. The domain name is under the control of the registrar.

Thanks

S

seniorjudge

Emerger said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

I filed a pro se complaint against my former employer (a corporation). They dissolved, ignored the complaint, and I received a default judgement.

I want to take their domain name. It's not property in the traditional sense, but it's still property. Can I file a Writ of Execution asking the judge to transfer registration of the domain name to me as partial satisfaction of the judgment, or do I have to involve the sheriff in "confiscating" the domain name and auctioning it?

While this is an execution, it's more akin to a garnishment. The domain name is under the control of the registrar.

Thanks
Keep all your questions in one thread; you're confusing things.

Emerger

I don't mean to confuse things, I'm just working on several different topics at once. I have a very complicated problem that falls into a number of different categories. I thank you for your help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">