• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful blame? What should I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TrucDai

I'm a seamtress in Minneapolis, Minnesota and I need some advices pleaseeeee. Also bear with me because English is my second language.
A customer brought in slack made from shiny and deep black fabric , the waist is too big for him. Every garment drop off is inspected for flaws (hole, spot...) and informed to the customer. Because of the shiny fabric play trick with my eyes and I missed 2 snags on both pant legs, the pant has been worn before he brought it in. From 20 years of experience, I know that the waist is being too big while he was wearing cause it constantly falling down and he's stepping on both hems while standing or walking. That's why both hems are damage. When he came to pick up his pant, he didn't inspect the waisth which I altered but he picked up the pant legs right away and blame me for ruining his pant. I reason with him and explain it to him but he just kept say it a $200 pant suit and that I ruined it. He didn't pay for the work, left his pant and saying that he will bring me to court. I'm a minority and don't want thing comes that far but I can't agree with thing that I didn't do. My question is that with this matter is he really going to court for it? What should I do now? He don't even has a ticket/receipt to claim his pant. :confused: Many thanks for your advices.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">