• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful death lawsuit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fattuesdays

What is the name of your state? FL

I'm involved in a wrongful death lawsuit, my lawyer has gotten a very small settlement offer and says he wil not charge me if I take the offer. He also says he will not continue with the case and says he will charge his fees if I do not accept the offer. Can he withdraw from this case? Can he legally hold his fees over my head?

HomeGuru

fattuesdays said:
What is the name of your state? FL

I'm involved in a wrongful death lawsuit, my lawyer has gotten a very small settlement offer and says he wil not charge me if I take the offer. He also says he will not continue with the case and says he will charge his fees if I do not accept the offer. Can he withdraw from this case? Can he legally hold his fees over my head?
**A: time to find a new attorney.

F

fattuesdays

Ive been in this more than 2 years, starting over is not what I want. Can he legally withdraw from this case? Can he legally hold his fees over my head?

stephenk

yes he can withdraw from the case.

yes he can hold his fees over your head as a bargaining chip in settling the case. How much is the offer that is being made?

you should consult with another attorney regarding the issue of whether he can collect his fees if he decides to withdraw as your attorney as opposed to you deciding to fire him. the rules that apply in California dont apply in Florida.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">