• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

4th amendment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MelQueen

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas

I went into the store and when I came out a sheriff asked me who was sitting in the passenger seat of my vehicle. I gave him no answer and he threatened to arrest me for obstruction of justice. I made no comment and proceeded to get into my vehicle to leave and another sheriff pulled in behind me and blocked me in so I couldn't leave. I was never actually pulled over. As I got in my vehicle the first sheriff opened my passenger door and told my passenger to get out of the vehicle. Can they do this? Isn't this violating my 4th amendment rights?

MelQueen

???

He had no probable cause. My passenger ended up getting arrested but I believe they didn't have the right to do this. I know that you don't have to answer their questions if they stop you on the street which is pretty much what he did and my vehicle is my vehicle???

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas

I went into the store and when I came out a sheriff asked me who was sitting in the passenger seat of my vehicle. I gave him no answer and he threatened to arrest me for obstruction of justice. I made no comment and proceeded to get into my vehicle to leave and another sheriff pulled in behind me and blocked me in so I couldn't leave. I was never actually pulled over. As I got in my vehicle the first sheriff opened my passenger door and told my passenger to get out of the vehicle. Can they do this? Isn't this violating my 4th amendment rights?
**A: was the passenger a minister, hooker, drug dealer, boy scout, bank robber, criminal, Toto**************.? There is a lot more to this story that you are not telling.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Seriously - no one here is a dentist, nor do they play on on TV. You want help? Explain the situation in full.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">