• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am i a fool?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grandpa54

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
I would be a fool if I believed all cops are above being corrupt.
I would be a fool if I assumed all lawyers were only motivated by
wanting to help people and not in it for the money.
I would be a fool if I believed that everyone at the Department of Family services only had a child's best interest at heart.
So am I a fool to believe that a poor person can defend his family against the greatest kidnappers of all time that is called the Department of Family Services?
Do they fear no one?
Have they no weaknesses that a man can use to slay the beast?
When they first knock upon your door, should you just push your children
out to them and shut the door?
Are they God or are they public servants?
Where are my rights?
Who do I turn to for the knowledge to stand against the beast?

Grandpa54

I live in Christian co. Mo.
I lived my whole life as a law abiding citizen and raised three good kids.
My youngest son is now grown and just had a baby. Neither he or his wife do drugs. But when the baby was born the hospital gave his wife a drug test. The nurse said they found a faint line that indicated positive for Marijuana. I believe it is because she goes over to her girlfriends house whose boyfriend is a known pot head. That's all him and his buddies do is sit around smoking pot. Now DFS has come to the house twice. They have set another date two weeks from now to have her drug tested again for $25 plus they want her to do some drug consoling and some other things and they wont say right now what they are, no telling where it will go from there. I'm afraid they are after the baby. This area used to be the meth capital of the world and snatching babies was no problem but then the police forced that racket out of state and now the DFS is sitting there with an army of people with nothing to do. They need to create work to keep their jobs. I don't have money. Is there any non profit organizations I can turn to for help? Please help me!

Proserpina

My youngest son is now grown and just had a baby. Neither he or his wife do drugs. But when the baby was born the hospital gave his wife a drug test. The nurse said they found a faint line that indicated positive for Marijuana. I believe it is because she goes over to her girlfriends house whose boyfriend is a known pot head. That's all him and his buddies do is sit around smoking pot. Now DFS has come to the house twice. They have set another date two weeks from now to have her drug tested again for $25 plus they want her to do some drug consoling and some other things and they wont say right now what they are, no telling where it will go from there. I'm afraid they are after the baby. This area used to be the meth capital of the world and snatching babies was no problem but then the police forced that racket out of state and now the DFS is sitting there with an army of people with nothing to do. They need to create work to keep their jobs. I don't have money. Is there any non profit organizations I can turn to for help? Please help me!

Well, I think you might have just answered your original question.

Oh, and also you're not a legal party to anything concerning your grandchild. That would be up to the parents of the child.

OHRoadwarrior

Also... Don't necessarily assume you got the entire or truthful story from your D-in-L. There are standard thresholds utilized in drug testing. A test result below that threshold, should not result in a positive finding.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Please help you do WHAT? Even disregarding the fact that the PARENTS of the child are the ones to deal with this, I have to say that I am GLAD that the government is looking out for the welfare of the child. Particularly when the parents and grandparents seem to not be too interested in it.

Antigone*

Oh no, they don't do drugs, they just hang around drug addicts, that's all. No biggie, right:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh, and yes you are a fool. Take off the rose-colored glasses grandpa. They system is working to protect your grandchild. Too bad mom and dad don't care to do so.

Last edited:

Grandpa54

I feel about as helpless against the system as the Jews felt against the Germans in the ghetto's of Warsaw. But as long as I draw breath I am still the eldest parent of this family and they all take shelter in my shadow. My only problem here is that I have never met this enemy in battle before. All be it I can clearly see that they have us out numbered in resources and weaponry. And should I turn back for the safety of the forest and leave the inheritance of my loins to die alone against a well trained army just because you say it is not my fight. God forbid I would do such a thing. If I am not fit to lead the charge I will man the canyon and tend the wounded but I will not leave the fight. Maybe you will abandon your family to the wolves on a technicality but I will not. If I can not draw the enemies blood I will forge the steal that will.

And what if your right?

What if the babies mother smoked pot a time or two. My son and his wife live next to me and we live out in the country. I see them everyday, at all times of the day but over at her friends house how do I know what happens? I could be lied to but If so does it mean that this 20 year old girl is a worthless mother and does not love her baby? If you think so then I think you watch to much TV and are easily lead by the propaganda of the kidnappers. You are not as close to the situation as I am and I did not ask you for your second hand judgmental guessing. I asked for your help in trying to save my family from a flesh eating beast. If you have nothing to offer me in the form of help that I can use then please just keep your condescending opinion to yourself. Clearly you have no answer, only the need to feel like you do. I need to hear from others who have been in my shoes and can advise me so I can advise my children. I'm not here for your entertainment.

Isis1

Look, I've been harassed by an ex up in down by him using social services. So I've become very familiar with their tactics. Not once did they ever make me do anything. No parenting classes, no supervision, no drug testing. Why? Cuz I have nothing to hide. I will never have fear of them, because they have nothing on me.

Want to be the head honcho, the Don of the family, advise your son and wife to follow the parenting plan to a "t". No deviation. Should they further involve themselves with their precious crowd of friend's, you will be assisting social services next time. That is what you can do.

OHRoadwarrior

Grandpa,
You cannot help those who won't help themselves. I have been in this position as patriarch within my family also. Don't suffer a fool. You can wish the best and try your best, however you cannot help those who seek to undue themselves. Sit back, let them learn the lesson they need to learn. Your function here should be the interest of the baby. Let mom n dad get their hands smacked. Otherwise, they will not learn to respect the responsibility they have too your ultimate heir.You won't be there to protect the child from foolish parents forever. Take advantage of God giving you time to assist them in learning their lesson. You should be counseling them on the error of their ways and counseling them on how to right their wrongs. Hope they learn before the old man kicks off or loses his mind.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I feel about as helpless against the system as the Jews felt against the Germans in the ghetto's of Warsaw. But as long as I draw breath I am still the eldest parent of this family and they all take shelter in my shadow. My only problem here is that I have never met this enemy in battle before. All be it I can clearly see that they have us out numbered in resources and weaponry. And should I turn back for the safety of the forest and leave the inheritance of my loins to die alone against a well trained army just because you say it is not my fight. God forbid I would do such a thing. If I am not fit to lead the charge I will man the canyon and tend the wounded but I will not leave the fight. Maybe you will abandon your family to the wolves on a technicality but I will not. If I can not draw the enemies blood I will forge the steal that will.

And what if your right?

What if the babies mother smoked pot a time or two. My son and his wife live next to me and we live out in the country. I see them everyday, at all times of the day but over at her friends house how do I know what happens? I could be lied to but If so does it mean that this 20 year old girl is a worthless mother and does not love her baby? If you think so then I think you watch to much TV and are easily lead by the propaganda of the kidnappers. You are not as close to the situation as I am and I did not ask you for your second hand judgmental guessing. I asked for your help in trying to save my family from a flesh eating beast. If you have nothing to offer me in the form of help that I can use then please just keep your condescending opinion to yourself. Clearly you have no answer, only the need to feel like you do. I need to hear from others who have been in my shoes and can advise me so I can advise my children. I'm not here for your entertainment.
The mother of my children love(s)(d) her children...yeah, even the one born with amphetamines in his system. Heck, using YOUR thought process...even Hitler had loved ones... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I'm not here for your entertainment.

And we are not here to buy into your theories of government conspiracies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">